Ever since I’ve tasted Hersheys chocolate cookie pie from Pizza Hut it is my favorite dessert to munch on. I had another delicious version of the cookie pie with ice cream at Wingitt and loved it. #MyBakingTales is all about trying recipes & perfecting my baking skills with experience.
I’ve baked giant cookie pizza hut style quite a few times now with various recipes. Here’s the one I find pretty good.
Chocolate cookie pie:
- Flour 1 cup + 4 Tbsp (replace 4Tbsp flour with Cocoa powder if you want to make double chocolate one)
- Butter 1/2 cup or 125 gm (room temperature)
- Chocolate chips 1 cup
- White Sugar 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1tsp
- Egg 1
- Beat both sugars with butter untill light & fluffy.
- Add an egg & vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips. (if you’re making double chocolate variant than add 3Tbsp of Cocoa powder instead of extra flour)
- Mix half cup of chocolate chips in the dough & keep the rest for garnish.
- Take an 8inch round pie/pizza pan & grease it with butter. I prefer lining it with aluminum foil so that the cookie doesn’t burn from the bottom. Dust it with flour.
- Press down a layer of mixture gently in the pan. Make sure it is all even & not too thick.
- Time to place the remaining chocolate chips over.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes. Don’t over bake it.
- Test with a toothpick which should come clean when done.
- Let the pie cool down under fan or open air for atleast 20-30 minutes otherwise it will fall apart.
- Bon appetite!!
PS: This recipe is perfectly sweet, not over sweet atleast for my taste buds. You can serve it warm with ice cream or fresh whipped cream & some some chocolate syrup. I prefer to devour it on its own.