Kunafa/Kunafeh is a typical Middle Eastern sweet dish loaded with cheesy goodness. Usually it is made with phyllo or katafia pastry. Although I never had Kunafeh in my life before but always tempted to try it.
Thanks to facebook groups and juggarri recipes, I was able to make this creamy, cheesy delight with ease.
- Vermicelli 1 packet
- Butter 2-3 Tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup (I’ve used Adam’s cheese block almost half se thorra ziada)
- New rich Olper’s Cream 1/2 cup
- Nuts (Pista Nahi tha tou akhrot se kaam Chala liya)
- Sugar 1/2cup+1/2cup water for sugar syrup(cooked for few minutes, add some rose water or lemon juice for flavor)
- Crush vermicelli really fine and add melted butter.
- Spread Half in the bottom of a buttered pan.
- Now pour some rich Olper’s cream directly from the pack over vermicelli and layer with Mozzarella cheese cubes.
- Add some more thick Olpers cream over cheese.
- Cover with remaining vermicelli.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
- Bring it out of the oven and pour sugar syrup all over the dish and Let it rest for few minutes.
- Server hot with a dollop of Olper’s Cream and pistachios.
Will try it one more time with pistachios and more perfection and update this post. Really enjoyed the taste of it.
PS: #OsoSpecial is a part of a food project where I’ll be trying new Thick and creamy Olper’s Cream in recipes. If you have any request, do share.